Super Bowl Sunday, the ’72 Dolphins continue to wait for champagne, Mookie makes his lame Super Bowl pick.
New York Giants 31 New England Patriots 28
- I believe the Giants should blitz heavily, hassle Tom Brady, but they also have to watch out for the screen pass to Laurence Maroney or Kevin Faulk.
- New England is a very good team, undefeated, but for the last few weeks, the defense has struggled against the running game.The power runners in Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw should tear them up.
- If I’m the G-Men, it’s 4th and 3, in field goal range, I would go for it. Notice that the Jags and Chargers both ended up going for field goals instead of touchdowns, eventually resulting in their doom. At this point, with Lawrence Tynes being a shaky kicker, game winning FG in Green Bay and all, and the fact that the Pats seem unstoppable, you have to go for it.
- The Pats have to attack safety Gibril Wilson down the field. Of all the players on that team, Wilson is absolutely horrible in coverage. Ditto for DB Sam Madison.
- No more penalties in New York. In the Tom Coughlin era, the Giants have consistently been killing themselves with penalties. It has to stop now, or else it’s blowout city.
Enjoy yourselves, enjoy the game, enjoy Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.