It’s almost become a sport to complain about the appalling display of NBC’s Olympics television broadcasting.
Watching the 2 hour block from 3-5 PM on the main network, NBC hasn’t aired one “live” event. Instead we’ve been subjected to:
* A replay of Evan Lysacek’s gold-medal winning performance in the figure skating.
* An interview with Lysacek.
* Some remarkably dumb fluff piece about Canada’s apparent love for hockey.
* For reasons I can’t comprehend, more talk about Tiger Woods after his apology took over American network television this morning.
* A scintillating story on little Canadian kids learning to ski at such a young age.
* The wacky weatherman from The Weather Channel perched on top of some sort of cage next to a building in Downtown Vancouver.
* Another interview, this time with the women’s moguls team from the USA.
* Lead up to today’s women’s cross-country skiing.
They showed the actual skiing at 3:58 PM PT. The broadcast ends at 5:00 PM.
Words fail me. No country should be tortured like this.