Lazy Sunday post wrapping up some preseason football from last night as Pete Carroll won his first game as head coach of the Seattle Seahawks.
– Charlie Whitehurst. The jury is still out on this guy but I liked what I saw from him. He was 14-22 for 214 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT in his Seahawks debut. I liked his quick decisiveness, his throwing ability, and pocket awareness. I’d like to see him play with the first team offense next week.
– Russell Okung. The rookie LT picked 6th overall impressed me as well. Lots of good containment around the edges and didn’t look like he was getting steamrolled at any point in the game. Again, it’s just 1 game but he was promising.
– Olindo Mare. Josh Brown who?
– Josh Wilson. Hopefully one day Josh Wilson will accidentally collide with Kelly Jennings and he’ll be able to transfer some of his ball skills to Kelly.
– Matt Hasselbeck. His arm strength is shot and so is his reaction time. As long as he sees pressure he panics and throws the ball away or slings it at the feet of a receiver close to him. It was pretty much a microcosm of his 2009 season.
– Julius Jones. He’s good at what he does but he’s never outstanding. Jones is slow to watch when he receives the ball.
– Aaron Curry. STOP THESE PERSONAL FOUL PENALTIES!!!!!
JP Losman. We can safely say he won’t be the starting QB in September. Chances are he’ll suck even more the next few games and find himself on the chopping block.
Sean Locklear. Of all the OL players last night he performed the worst and gave up a sack. His injury problems are too much for him to handle and it wouldn’t shock me if he was benched if not cut.
Curt Menefee and Warren Moon. Was there no one who could provide better commentary? Menefee is boring and last night when Okung picked up a minor injury he said “He’s standing up, so he’s not sitting down”. Deep analysis there, Curt.
That’s one game out of the books. I need to see more of the first team offense and defense against Green Bay next week to make an assessment on the team’s future.